Friday, May 29, 2009

Homes Sweet Homes

Before we turn to a bit of the past, I would like to make restitution.  I owe you a great debt of gratitude for providing me with this opportunity to avoid my homework by writing to you!  Thank you very much!  
Now.  To May 7th, 2009!
In a wonderful, cool blur, finals blew past and I slid through my last few days in Boston feeling strangely like an observer... or as though I was playing the latest Wii product: "Berklee xBox: Hannah's Final Face-off" perhaps?  Either way, arriving at the alleged end of each course, and having time to spend with friends before leaving seemed quite surreal.    My trip to the airport gave me a chance to get back down to earth however, as I lugged over 80 pounds on a Subway Detour and who knows how many flights of stairs.  (No I do not require 80 pounds of maintenance supplies, thank you.  It was a storage mix-up.)  Finally however, my battered, decaying suitcase and I arrived just in time for what was a wonderful flight.  
I can think back of all these bright little moments from the Spring that I thought "Oh, what I would do for an evening sipping tea and seeping in rich conversation at the Holland's!" or, the Sundays I tuned in to Radioshine online before church to hear what the weather was in Flagstaff.  I wasn't "missing" it, as far as I could recognize, but it was a sweet thing to anticipate returning. 
 I could scarcely get over how thick the feeling of home's air was and the smell of sun-baked pine-needles cooling under the beaming milky-way as I climbed down the rickety stairs to the runway at Flag's air port!  And Mmm the crickets!  
What a precious 2 weeks followed!  Each day was more perfect than I could ever have planned, or perhaps I should say than I did plan.  I was able to catch up with almost everyone I'd hopped to.  (excuse that preposition)   Some had changed quite a bit 
and others were exactly the same.  (Lilly's lookin' proud because she fattened me up a little.)
It required great amounts of effort to retain composure at times 
 
because every thing, even the mundane, felt like such a party!
The trip seemed very much like desert actually, and I think it was just a gift.  
In addition to all the dear treasures with whom I'd awaited visits, I wanted very much to: Go camping, and, Wake up a morning or two in the girl's room.  Both of these came to pass and were as wonderful as always.  
Dad and I went to Blue Ridge Reservoir - which although was not at it's best as far as representing it's name, provided the perfect place for dad and I to get out of the city.  I FINALLY GOT DIRTY!!  and had my fill of fresh troutand hot chocolate, and campfires.    


As for the girls...I was able to cash-in several of the infinite hours I'd like to have with them.  In case you haven't gotten a little Heaven for a while, here's a little bit for you to savor until you can make it over to 12 Oaks yourself:  
  I caught Munday's first recital, some grass hoppers with Brookie, and some Z's with The Junes.  Perfect.
 For the beauty of my time in Flagstaff however, Boston was never without my mind, and I found myself continually referring to it as home.  I suppose I now consider it one of my three.  I guess if you're going to have an excess of something, homes are a good thing to choose.  
I returned to a matured Boston that had moved on from the glee of blushing trees carelessly tossing blossoms about,  to stately forests of green.      
I do miss the flamboyancy of spring sometimes, but the summer is equally enjoyable 
and hardly without its own splashes of color.   (I doctored that a little:). )
I think one of my most commonly reiterated statments while outside is "I had no idea places like this really existed!"Such sceans are far less sappy in really life than they seemed when I'd attributed them to an artist's imagination.     Boston is a beautiful place; And safe too!  They have many alternative, nonviolent methods of prevention and of increasing public awareness...  

I think the world is a blessed place and always trying to tell us so, if we'd just slow down.


I currently posses my own room because I'll be a Resident Assistance in July for the High School summer camps!  I'm really looking forward to that!  If you want to pray for something for me you can pray for contentment and the ability to do my best here.  I think I might be afflicted with chronic itchy feet syndrome, always wondering if I should be elsewhere, yet longing to relish each step, as it last such a short time.  Summer school offered me lots of time to think and journal and even read a little, which is so sweet for me and makes me feel much more alive and like myself.  That time is quickly draining however, as classes become heavier, but I'm thankful for the time it did last.  I hope you all are well, and appreciate your reading so much...as in I both So much appreciate your reading, and I appreciate that you just read so much!  
Hope you are well!  Thanks again!










1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete